Restaurants, recreation & retail therapy
Adjacent to The Annex, Bloor-Yorkville is the go-to neighbourhood for high-end shopping, especially along Bloor Street's Mink Mile, with its copious luxury shops and department stores as well as independent designer boutiques on Cumberland Street and Yorkville Avenue, just north of Bloor. The neighbourhood is also flush with trendy restaurants, galleries, more affordable retail options and its own little flower district at Ave & Dav (where Avenue Road and Davenport Road intersect).
Steps outside our hotel's front door you can explore Toronto's "Fifth Avenue". Below is a quick list of what you can find to get you on your way!
- Burberry: 8min walk - 144 Bloor St. W.
- Brooks Brothers: 9min walk - 110 Bloor St. W.
- Chanel: 16min walk – 50 Bloor St. W.
- Club Monaco: 8min walk - 157 Bloor St. W.
- Dolce & Gabbana: 10min walk - 111 Bloor St. W.
- Gap: 13min walk - 60 Bloor St. W.
- Gucci: 9min walk – 130 Bloor St. W.
- Hermès: 11min walk – 100 Bloor St. W.
- J. Crew: 9min walk - 110 Bloor St. W.
- Kit & Ace: 10min walk - 102 Bloor St. W.
- Louis Vuitton: 8min walk - 150 Bloor St. W.
- Moncler: 9min walk - 131 Bloor St. W.
- Prada: 9min walk - 131 Bloor St. W.
- Roots: 11min walk - 80 Bloor St. W.
- Zara: 14min walk - 50 Bloor St. W.
Things To Do:
- Gardiner Museum - Canada's national ceramics museum features diverse exhibitions, from Scandinavia's design influence to the works of Yoko Ono and more
- Varsity Cinema - Located in the Manulife Centre, this multiplex screens both Hollywood films & independent releases
- Yorkville Village - A little bit of luxury everything, from organic food options and SoulCycle to pop-up boutiques and art installations
- Bloor-Yorkville Icefest – Discover a winter wonderland in the heart of the city at Village of Yorkville Park (11min walk) and celebrate winter's glory with incredible ice sculptures and live ice-carving demonstrations. This fest typically takes place in February, but check their website for the current dates; it's a spectacle you wouldn't want to miss!
- Holiday Magic – Kicking off the holiday season, this free annual concert event takes place in November at the Village of Yorkville Park (11min walk) and is the official tree lighting ceremony.
- Summer Music in the Park – This sensational concert series at the Village of Yorkville Park (11min walk) usually occurs June to September with a wide range of artists from jazz to pop to Cuban and the classics.
- Yorkville Exotic Car Show – Each year on Father's Day, Bloor Street from Avenue Road to Bay Street (7min walk) closes to display exotic cars from world-renowned makers such as Ferrari, Porsche, and Aston Martin.